I decided to have all 3 of my canines have a spa treatment on the same day. The short walk to the facility was VERY enthusiastic (only 2 blocks - thank goodness) & Dudley took me right up to the door - as he was already a veteran of the place. He didn't mind going in at all, Fest had no problem either, but, Bella walked in & then ...right back out! Needless to say, she needed some encouragement to re-enter the establishment.
I have not had my house minus dogs in a very l o n g time & @ first it was quite liberating - no gate up in the hallway, my stable door remained open (to those who don't know my house, the stable is my half bath that I have adorned with only equine decor), I could exit my back door any time I wanted without a conga line & it was all VERY VERY quiet. This was all fine & good for a little while, but... then I began a withdraw of sorts!! There was no one patrolling my every move, no one following me inside or out & no one staring @ me for direction or affection. It was really getting weird.......
So, I was much relieved when they called & said all the canines were ready to be picked up. Bru drove me so... the ride back home was quick & quiet (thank you Duds). They all drank tons, peed like race horses , consumed their dinners like it was their last meal & ultimately collapsed in various locals in the living room. I must say...they look clean & smell good & will be a hit @ the party happening here tomorrow for Bru's Mom.
At 13 y/o - his jet black coat is turning turning salt & pepper :(
Her coat looked richer & was SO soft to touch.....
The Duds looked as handsome as ever & you could see his eyes again!
I don't know that I'll ever take all 3 again - it was just too darn lonely - no offense Pate & Gracie :)
No comments:
Post a Comment