I have been noticing lately that the Duds is less active & looks heavier. We have not been walking as much - too hot & humid OR when it rains 5 out of 7 days. But when Bru took Fest & Dud to the infamous tennis courts on our first nice day in a while ( Sunday - before the Bears game of course )...Dudley did NOT spring into action & run around like a maniac, nor would/could he walk back home. Bru said the leash was way behind him & Duds was barely making any headway to keep up. Ergo he got a lift home in my husbands arms :)
When it reached the point of refusing breakfast ( altho his cousin was more than ready to " take another bowl full " for the team ) off to the vet we went.
Yesterday I allowed them to do blood work - he had tests before they did the dental a few months ago, so I knew they would have numbers to compare to & a thorough physical exam followed ( which he was wonderful during :) The vet & I both noticed that when he was probing his back legs & hips w/ his fingers...the Duds reacted. Not growling or biting - he just whimpered & gave the vet a kiss :)
Also discovered @ weigh in ....he had GAINED 1 pound - yikes!!
I will get the results today or tomorrow from the blood work & until then... he is taking a pain killer ( Rimadyl ). He is already moving more BUT not eating with any real gusto. Perhaps he would prefer something home made mixed in his kibble - like steak or chicken...I'm sure I'll come up w/ something yummy.
I'll post any findings / results that I receive....until then...please keep the Duds in your thoughts as he just isn't acting like the terrier we all know & love.
No comments:
Post a Comment