Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dudley Returns Home.....

After receiving the test results over the phone yesterday, another appt. was scheduled @ the vet.  He walked past Cheddar's cage & did not even turn his head to look @ her.  He laid down in my front seat of my car while driving the 3 blocks to the animal hospital, never making a sound.  Simply stated.....this was not typical Dudley behavior.....which proved to me how much pain he was living with daily.

When we arrived, I asked for an x-ray to be taken b/c I had noticed his abdomen looked distended.  That is where the tumor was discovered. It showed that his liver was 2x the normal size & the rest of his organs were being pushed back to allow room for the mass to grow. The very low platelet count was b/c his body was trying to fight off this toxin until it depleted itself.  It was a no win situation for the Duds or myself. 

Sadness swept the room as the 2 vets compassionately explained everything to me.....and the really sad thing is....I already knew in my heart.  I called Bru who arrived quickly & Duds was happy to see him - covering his neck with those famous lil kisses.  I then held him & as he gave me my last kiss....he peacefully slept away.

I  miss the Doo Dah....he was a joy, a challenge, funny, respectful & so loving
to everyone - man or beast. Waking up this morning & not be greeted by him was hard & as my tears flow...I know time is the only answer. 


The last photo taken of Dudley in his favorite spot behind Bru's chair....resting.





The ONLY redeeming factor in all this is that he is once again with his Mom up in heaven.  I'm sure Pud met him with open arms & a handful of treats :)

1 comment:

  1. I have tried to leave a couple comments, hopefully the third time is the charm!

    You gave Dudley such a wonderful home for the last few months. I am sure Pud was very proud. Thinking about you all.

    Lots of love, Kristin

    ReplyDelete