Thursday, April 21, 2011

Getting a little TOO comfortable...

We have been all living under the same roof for a few days now.....seems ALOT longer to some people.......and someone's true colors are beginning to show. 

The barking is VERY annoying,to say the least,and I realize this tactic worked for 13 years but it does not fly on Haddow Ave.  The first time he let loud a few bars - my Mastiff jumped off the couch & looked down his throat!  The second time - she was jolted out of a peaceful slumber on the couch & was avidly looking out the picture window for the guilty party.

     I added this photo so you could see how close the outside world is to Bella.


Another time he serenaded us in the living room - I turned up the volume on the TV and waited...it took 3 minutes for him to stop ( again seemed like an eternity to some ).  My family thought Ihad lost my mind w/ this tactic so I had to rethink my technique.  So, I decided to use the body language method ( again thank you Cesar).  Now when he even thinks of whining loudly...I stand up very straight & tall before him & wait him out.  It actually works - except for the fact he's now testing me more frequently than ever.  No wonder my Aunt was SO thin, she was constantly getting up & down giving in to this dog's every whim!

No comments:

Post a Comment