Friday, April 29, 2011

Gracie's Gala - vantin'

I must remember to give Gracie Grace equal time ( reminds me of the ole adage of the squeaky wheel aka Dud ) so here goes....


  We have set up food & water bowls in the closet for her dining pleasure :)                      

She's consistently eating twice a day & continues to use her newly discovered brave gene more & more. Her coat is much softer & I think I even noticed a lil jelly belly. She has recently been spotted in the living room, laundry room & the 2 other bedrooms as well as the bathroom sink in the hallway - still mainly @ night, but, one morning she greeted ME in my bathroom with her tail straight as an arrow & was purring to beat the band. I've noticed that when she is really curious...she stands very erect up on her hind feet w/ her front paws loosely at her belly & surveys the dresser, bed etc....truly resembling a meerkat from one of those wild life shows that Pud used to love to watch :)

Last weekend, Trev moved his furniture around in his room so his dresser was placed by the window ( until we can get her cat tree from Ohio ) & now she loves to patrol her turf from this spot - also a good angle to forewarn Payton that he is on shaky ground!  When it was warmer last Sunday I decided to put my Spring time decor outside & that includes various statues of critters on every one's window sill. Well, when Gracie leaped up onto the dresser & looked out her new window perch ....a hiss-a-rama began....apparently she isn't very fond of 5in. raccoons or bunnies & her credo continues to be - when in doubt HISS!


                A close up shot of the very sweet & affectionate GG


She & Dudley have reunions in Trev's room & immediately approach each other & I'm sure exchange war stories.  My hope is Gracie will eventually get comfortable enough to be in the living room with the rest of pack/ family.

No comments:

Post a Comment