Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh Dudley.......

Well, I felt it would happen one day - but not @ 5:30am.  I was letting all the dogs back in the house from their morning " bathroom " time & one by one they hopped the step from my garage to the mud room w/ hopes of having their breakfast soon... all except Dudley that is.  He darted past me & trotted right out my garage, made a right turn & followed his nose to my neighbor's front yard & then made another right turn into their backyard. Yay team - they have a fence on that side so he couldn't get to the next block...whew!  The negatives were.... it was very early so yelling was not an option (not that he would have chosen to hear me w/ his selective hearing & all), it was cold, raining & windy & I was plain NOT happy.

Luckily for both of us, he stopped to "smell the roses" aka their lil dog Marco's favorite pee spot & I was able to scoop him up in my arms.  What I didn't know @ the time was that when I thought both my dogs were safely in side...the Pug had taken advantage of my slow closing screen door & let himself back out!!  Again, luck was on my side & he was sitting in the garage looking out into the front yard.  I'd love to say he knew better than to go roaming, but, truth be told he probably just got tired & sat down!

I then decided my newly found canine member would need an ID tag...so off to my pet supply house I went as soon as it opened.  When I was asked what exactly I wanted to be displayed.. .I said...his name - Dudley & Finders Keepers!!!

Just kidding......I had my name, phone & address all etched on his lil silver
bone shaped tag that he now proudly wears around his neck :)



 These are the apology flowers Duds ( Bru ) gave me for his early morning flight


                       How can you stay mad @ this lil face ?

No comments:

Post a Comment