Sunday, April 24, 2011

Why O Why Are You SO Hard to Train??????

It has been a lil over a week since Duds & Gracie have crossed the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois borders and I'm happy to share that things have improved by @ 75%.  Still some work to be done as they continue to be a work in progress, but much improved from the first few days.


         Please tell me why your kitchen is NOT a huge vending machine!!!!



I've never seen a dog bark @ a platter of food before!! On Ky's B'day last Sunday  Bru had slow grilled ribs all day & brought them inside & placed them on the counter til the side dishes were ready.  Duds put his nose in the air, walked right into the kitchen & began barking incessantly....as if demanding they all jump off the plate & into his belly.  Long story short...all he DID get out of it was a correction & slowly left the kitchen hanging his lil head.....peace prevailed once again.

Other times he has clawed @ the refrigerator & the lower cabinets in the kitchen - I'm sure wondering why they are not producing treats!  The 3 boxes of biscuits that accompanied him on his trek to my house never even made it inside.  I want Duds to drop some weight ( as well as Gracie to gain some ) so he will be  comfortable doing more exercise.  We go for walks & I take him down the block to the tennis courts &  run around w/ him off lead. It's the happiest I've seen him since he's been here - besides eating that is!


     This photo was taken in Feb. - you can see the bushes to the left - our yard actually DID look this early in the week (sans snow).  Bru pumps the backyard out like most peeps do their basements :(

                                   UGH......


My dogs are used to Lake Bang & wade right thru it - BUT - Dudley surveys the land...looks for high ground & usually ends up in the bushes where I had put gravel to cover the mud.  Smart pup, if you ask me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment